Translating your website is an amazing way to bridge the communication gap and language barrier between you and your clients from around the globe. Website translation, or “localization”, has the potential to increase international sales.
A website is known to create opportunities for different companies to sell their services and bring the world closer every day. Many companies look at this as a marvelous opportunity to expand their business worldwide. This is an incredible chance for those companies which are suffering heavy losses and going through a financial problem.
By translating their website, they can increase their sales and attract various consumers from different countries.
Does my website needs translation?
Mostly websites that are localized need translation. There are different types of websites on the internet. If you are confused about what category your website falls in, we have listed three different types of website to make you understand better.
- Websites with user generated content: These type of websites contain social media, community forums, and advertisements. The entire website is filled with footers, headers, buttons, system messages and much more. The main content of the website is not translated.
- Single-language website and partially localized pages: Even though English is a universal language, U.S.A, Canada, Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom use different forms of the English language. You must be very careful while translating into another form of English language.
- A complete translated website: In this case, the entire website is translated into the preferred language. It is a very arduous work and will cost you a lot more.
Tips to Remember Before Website Translation:
- Do not use machine translation:
Even though it is cost effective and easy to use, but trust me, you will regret this decision when you will not receive the proper results. There are many times that machine translation does not work and if even it does, it does not produce a polished and accurate result to the consumers and clients.
- Provide brief sentences:
Consumers dislike reading long and winding sentences. Write each sentence with a maximum 20 – 25 words that boost readability and increases comprehension. While writing the translation, read it aloud to simply them.
- Integrate a multilingual keyword:
Keyword usage is the most vital factor of a website that ensures that your website is found. Use an effective keyword with equivalent and local words, so that when people from different countries search for a particulate product, the search engine will be able to determine the localized search terms of your website in the search results.
- Insert multilingual images and graphic designs:
In order to gain potential consumers from different countries, you must ensure that the pictures and designs on your website do not offend them. It is important to use pictures that are culturally relevant and present a means of communication with the international audience. You must also ensure that the pictures and graphic designs meet the requirements of the target audience.
- Abide by the regulations and Unicode:
You must comply with the standards of coding in case of scripting and middleware. For best results, use Unicode for any application that handles the content and encodes the files that contain localized text such as HTML, XML and much more.
- Impact on user experience:
It is important to create a website that is combined with effective keyword optimization. This will lead to more potential clients visiting and venturing your website. Eventually, this will help you to unlock the best possibilities in the business and management industry. By just adding a simple language translation, it will make your website content rich and enable you to create a successful company of your own.