Let’s face it – a condo is one of the best places to live in, and is often the dream house of many. It allows for some highly enjoyable and quality time to be spent, which often border on the verge of being magical. There are plenty of pros of living in a condo, many of which are unavailable if living in apartments or other forms of residences. Some of these pros include:
- Security – Many condos come with the benefit of having locked entries, doormen, and even professional security guards in some cases. This makes living in a condo much more appealing than living in apartments. Moreover, neighbors live in close proximity to each other, which makes it much easier to ask them for any assistance in case of emergencies.
- Amenities – Another huge attraction of living in condos are amenities. Most condos come equipped with a swimming pool, gym, tennis court and terraces for barbecue.
- Less Maintenance Responsibilities – Mowing the lawn, maintaining the grounds, outdoor repairs etc. are usually taken care of by the condominium association, leaving you free to enjoy your life living in a condo.
- Less Costs – Owning a condo is much cheaper than owning a single-family house or renting an apartment. This makes condos even more appealing to house hunters.
- Profit – Condos usually provide long term price stability, thus proving to be a valuable asset. In the event that you may want to move out for bigger and better things, selling your condo could be very profitable indeed.
It is imperative that you hire a law firm who know how to get you the best deal possible. If you are looking to buy (or sell) a condo, you need to hire a Law Firm which is specialized in Real Estate and more specifically has a niche practice in Condominium Law.
As mentioned above, it is a law firm which specializes in real estate and has a niche practice in condominium law. The attorneys constantly read and analyze complex contractual and technical documents, including the plans of the building, specifications of the building, expertise reports etc. This gives them a good command over the handling of all things related to condominiums.
Fiset Legal attorneys will offer you their considerable expertise in condominium laws. They will advise you strategically in order to optimize the results in your favor and achieve your best interest. They are available for assistance in simple and complex cases alike.
Some Recurring Themes in Condominium Law Cases
- Support and legal advising to co-ownership syndicates
- Drafting clauses in the declaration of co-ownership
- Conflict settlement between co-owners
- Litigation between promoter and syndicate of co-ownership
- Unpaid common expenses
- Building defects
- Legal hypothec of the co-ownership syndicate
- Divided and undivided co-ownership
- Co-ownership by phases
- Repairs and transformations to the building
Condominium Law Training
Fiset Legal, being experts at condominium law, offers 3-hour introductory training sessions on condominium law. This training is perfect for managers, directors, stakeholders in a co-ownership, and owners who are interested to know more about the operation and management of co-owners syndicates. The training allows every participant to ask specific questions for further understanding and consideration.
Some Topics Discussed During Training
- Definition of a fraction of co-owner
- Rights and duties of co-owner syndicates
- Establishment of relative values of fractions
- Public order and condominiums
- Rental in condominiums
- Work and repairs in condominiums
- Animals in condominiums
- Condominium insurance
- Defects and Damages in a condominium
- Dealing with the unpaid Common Expenses
- Operating the contingency fund
- Conduct of meetings
- Conflict management between co-owners
- Syndicate’s Register